Thursday, November 7, 2013

Dangers of High Fructose Corn Syrup


Photo credit
I use to drink a two liter of Coke a day, even when I knew it takes 30 gallons of water to get rid of the toxins from one glass. Then one day I got a message from my step son on Facebook. It was a link to an article about how HFCS was contaminated with mercury.

My husband had mercury poisoning from the silver fillings in his teeth, and I saw how it effected him. I quit, I stopped that day drinking Coke, or any other brand name pop for that matter. Mercury is a heavy metal that our bodies are not able to get rid of, and I didn't want it.

There are other issues with HFCS as well. High fructose corn syrup comes from corn, 86% of corn is genetically mutant organisms, (term stolen from Mary.) Some think so what, what does it matter? It matters alot our bodies do not recognize the DNA of GMOs and does not, can not process it. So, what happens to it? Nothing, it sits in our bodies and makes us sick by attacking various parts of our bodies.

That is another issue with high fructose corn syrup, our bodies can not process it, not just because of the GMOs, but the DNA. We have been told that there is no difference between HFCS and cane sugar, not true, and our bodies know it.

Once I found about the dangers of high fructose corn syrup, especially the mercury, I started checking labels, this was before we started eating real food. I was surprised where I was finding it, in almost everything!!!!

Photo credit: Natural News
 Not listed is condiments, they mention salad dressing, but should have included all condiments.

 I probably missed some, but you get the idea. Some might be thinking well I'm glad I drink diet pop, or eat sugar free foods. Well then you are dealing with aspartame which isn't any better, and comes with its own issues.  If you want to know more about aspartame I blogged on the topic here, and have included a video, and links.

Still love that carbonated beverage, and know drink Natural Brew, which contains cane sugar. I only drink eight 12 fl oz a month because that is all I can afford, plus I have not seen two liter bottles. The local health stores here carry it, but I order mine through the local Azure Standard co-op.

Watch this short video did learn how it effects the health of your body.




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "Genetically Mutated Organism" shoutout!!
    I used to drink diet coke everyday which is just as toxic.
    Great post Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never buy anything with HFCS. I don't think a lot of people understand the health dangers of this junk. Its important that we get the work out. This explains it very simply but truthfully. Thanks Joyce for posting and I am sharing on Twitter and pinning. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is a great post. Thank you for sharing.
    I am visiting from the climb linky and I am your new bloglovin friend. Follow back would be lovely.

    Hugs and love sent your way.
    Melody
    http://domesstique.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete